Friday, March 1, 2013

Ripped from the Headlines #3

I'm on my lunchbreak at work right now.  I opened up Yahoo's home page and there was a story on there that caught my eye:

Ken Griffey Jr. calls fan in Kansas who had items stolen from extensive baseball card collection

I've always been a fan of The Kid and I sort of grew up with him like the collector featured in the story that had his collection stolen.  He's always been a class act and it's cool to see that he took some time out to make a fan's day.

Also major props to Roberto Clemente Jr. and also Wichita State's basketball coach Gregg Marshall for their parts in the story.

One final point about the article that I took away is the motto that Roberto Clemente lived by:

"If you have the opportunity to make things better, and you don't, then you're wasting your time on Earth."

If you don't know anything else about Roberto Clemente other than how he died, you would understand this quote. That doesn't even say anything about how awesome of a baseball player he was!  If more people lived by this motto, the world would be such a better place!

1 comment: