Monday, August 16, 2010

Trade with Austin from Orioles Autograph Project

Austin from Orioles Autograph Project contacted me recently about setting up a trade. He said he had one of my "Top Ten Most Wanted Orioles" This is that card:

2008 Upper Deck Jay Payton. This card was the only one I needed to complete my 2008 Upper Deck team set. I'm glad I could mark this one off the list. All I really remember about Jay Payton's time in an O's Uniform is that he pouted about his playing time and left town to find a team so that he could play everyday. How'd that work out for him, you ask? He's currently playing for Colorado's Triple-A team. He said wanted to play everyday!

2007 Upper Deck First Edition Nick Markakis. This is one of the other cards Austin sent in the package. This is another Nick the Stick card that I didn't have before. My Markakis Collection has really been bolstered by some recent trades and the National.

2005 Fleer Platinum Sammy Sosa. This was probably Sosa's happiest moment as an Oriole because it seemed like it was all downhill from this "meet the press" day. I really wanted Sosa to do well as an Oriole but in my humble opinion, he just didn't produce the way he was supposed to.

A Big Thanks goes out to Austin. Be sure to check out his blog and give him some encouragement as he is just starting his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment