Saturday, February 26, 2011

OH NO!!!'s Poor Vintage Collection #4

The cards that are featured in this recurring theme were found by my father strewn about the floor of an abandoned farm building near my childhood home. There were approximately 1000 cards that laid undisturbed from the late 60's to early 90's when he discovered them. Most are in poor condition because exposure to the elements. He recently gave them to me and I will feature them here on my blog.

1963 Fleer Carl Yastremski

No you aren't seeing double. I don't really like putting the enemy teams on my blog but couldn't resist on these cards of Yastremski. I have two of these bad boys but they are in bad, bad shape. The Yaz on the left is terribly wrinkled in its lower left corner and has some water marks on it. The Yaz on the right has a little better color but still has some issues. There is some paper loss in the upper left and lower right corners. The back probably has about 50 percent of the original printing on it.

2 comments:

  1. Great find. I'm not ever lucky like that. If I do ever find 1000 cards they will probably all be 87s. Most of my early Yaz cards are in the same shape as those. If you wanted to part with one of them I would give it a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is that! Yaz was one of my childhood favorites and I think I'd consider it the find of a lifetime to find 1000 old cards anywhere. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete