Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Trade with Chris of Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz

Here comes another trade that landed in my mailbox during my hiatus.  Chris from Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz and I had been talking about a trade for a while and finally hammered out the deal.  I got some great looking cards in exchange for what I sent him:
Imagine the smile on my face when I pulled this card out of the package!  I now have the trifecta (base, GU, and Auto) of Nick now.  I'm really happy to have added this on-card autograph of my favorite active player to my collection.
Topps Chrome came out during a hectic time in my life this year.  I did get a hobby box and a few rack packs but didn't really jump onto ebay looking for singles.  This blue on the border reminds me of the coming winter months where all we have to wish for is some warm weather.
Here's a nice card that I didn't have.  I think this gold parallel came into my possession at the right time because of Nick winning his first gold glove.  I think Nick winning it was long overdue.  I'm really happy that the voting is done by outfield position and not just lumping all the outfielders into one pool.

I'll close with a couple of cards of the future of the Orioles rotation, Zach Britton.  Zach had a pretty good rookie season.  I look forward to seeing him improve this year and not fall on his face like Matusz did.

Thanks Chris for the nice package of cards.  I look forward to doing another trade with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment