Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cal Ripken Cardboard Appreciation #5

2010 Topps Wal-Mart Exclusive Refractor #WME-2

I know this is a Ripken card that everybody has seen already but I just had to post it. I really do appreciate this card because I basically paid 15 bucks for it. I broke down and made an impulse purchase while at Wally-World. I bought the 40% more Value box that Topps has been pimping lately. Well I got about 40% more disappointment. I was shorted the mini card that was supposed to be in the Allen & Ginter pack, and got jack-diddly-squat in the 6 Topps series 2 packs. The two Million Card Giveaways (1 pack pulled) were 2 cards from the 70s that I will try to flip for some Orioles needs.
I finally got the card I wanted but at what cost. I should have just bought one on Ebay for a dollar and saved myself some dough. Oh well, Topp$ wins again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment