Monday, September 6, 2010

Group Break Swag from Cardboard Collections

Colbey over at Cardboard Collections recently had a group break. The idea he came up with was to make it very affordable and to get as many cards as possible out of the packs for each participant. Naturally I took the Orioles. So without further ado, here is some of the swag I got.

1996 Topps Laser Mike Mussina. I had never seen Topps Laser before and I have been missing out. At first I thought this was a die-cut but all of the base cards are like this. All of the white specks in the flame are holes in the card not just printed! I also got a Palmeiro, Anderson, and Ripken like this. All of the cards have different Die-cutting on them which makes them very unique.
2002 Topps Total Matt Riley. Next up in the break was 2002 Topps Total. I was all about Matt Riley back in the day. He was a can't miss prospect for the Orioles. That was until a poor attitude and a few shoulder surgeries derailed his career. I heard he's playing independent league ball now.
1994 Donruss Triple Play. The next box busted was 1994 Triple Play. It was a substitution box because the box supplier was out of 1993 Upper Deck Fun Pack. I remember Triple Play when I was a kid. I bought a lot of the 93 product just not much of 94. This card above shows Brady showing off for the cameras again just like he always does.

Colbey also threw in some "bonus cards" to even out the goods for everybody. Here are a few"
1999 Stadium Club Mike Bordick. Mike was a steady performer for the O's during his playing days. He is currently working as a roving Minor League fielding coach for the Orioles. He had rave reviews for the Orioles #1 pick Manny Machado in the short period of time he has had to work with him. Listen to him Manny, he knows what he is doing! (Now, if he could just spend some time under Eddie Murray's wing learning about hitting!)
1994 Upper Deck Electric Diamond Rafael Palmeiro. This was the first year Upper Deck had parallels inserted in their packs. Though I don't have all of the parallels listed for every year yet, doesn't mean I'm not interested in them. I am slowly working on my wantlists adding inserts and parallels to what is already there.

Thanks to Colbey for the Group Break. I hope he does another one very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment