Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Trade with Chris (The Cardsplitter) from The Call of Cardboard

I have been trying to complete my set of 2009 Topps 206 for about 2 months now and was searching over some wantlists and saw that Chris was also looking for some cards from that set too. I was also able to send him some 2010 Topps inserts and a couple Goodwin Champions minis in return. While I won't bore you with regular base cards of what he sent, I will show a few of the great Orioles cards that he included in the package.

2010 Topps Chrome Orange Refractor Brian Matusz. I had been waffling back and forth the last few days about whether or not to purchase this card on eBay but now I don't have to because I own it! These Orange Refractors look great on Orioles cards. I might go for the whole team set, but will have to rely on the generosity of the blogging community because I'm not planning on buy any packs.
2007 Upper Deck Future Stars Rookie Dated Debuts Cal Ripken. It's really getting harder for me to find Cal Ripken Cards that I don't have AND can afford. This is a neat card that I really like. What was I doing 8-10-1981. I wasn't born for another 2 years and 4 months!

2001 Upper Deck Albert Belle. I just had to feature this card because even though Halloween has passed, I remember a story I heard about Albert after his retirement. On Halloween a couple years back, some kids egged his house because he didn't give them any candy or autographs. He chased them down and ended up hitting one of them with his car. Oh, the lifestyles of the rich and famous!

Thanks Chris for a great trade package! Good luck completing the rest of your sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment