Saturday, October 30, 2010

Box Break: 2010 Topps Update Series Hobby

I had this box preordered about a month and a half ago for $58 dollars. That was after a $5 discount and free shipping that Dave and Adam's offers every Thursday on orders over $50. I have noticed that the current price range on these boxes has been 35 to 42 dollars. It's a little frustrating because I could nearly order a Jumbo box for the price I preordered this box for. I hate overpaying. But I digress. I am going to reconsider my preordering habits from now on.

Anyways, On To The Cards!

I really think that this box was supposed to be sent to Houston because of all the Astros inserts I pulled:
Geoff Blum and Jeff Keppinger Golds, Card Yer Mama Done T'roed Out Original Back Craig Biggio, Michael Bourn All-Star Workout Jersey card, and a nice looking Nolan Ryan Vintage Legends Collection. This is my favorite Vintage Legends Collection card that I have seen so far out of series 2 and the update series. I like the simplistic look of the 1957 Topps set!

Here is the box topper, A shiny Chrome Rookie Refractor. Its a nice Rookie card of the Umpires' backside so this card has really got to be worth something (eBay 1/1, perhaps?). I was really hoping for a Matusz, Arrieta or Josh Bell. (If anybody gets one of these, let me know, I want it!)

Also is my big Mojo Hit of the Box:

Whoops, I meant this one:

I actually like the Hall of Fame variations that Topps has been putting in their base set the last two years even though I am not a fan of the Pie-In-the-Face or Abe Lincoln variations.

Out of the base set I got about 2/3 of the cards. I also got an entire Orioles Team Set out of the packs so I'm pretty happy about that. I will be buying more of the Update Series but only when it arrives at retail. I won't be posting a wantlist until after I'm done buying more packs. I really like the Jumbo Packs that they put out and kind of shy away from the Blaster boxes and regular packs. I think the Jumbo Packs give you more bang for your buck and I've had some pretty good luck pulling some of the aforementioned HOF variations out of them. If anybody sees anything something they need on this box break let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I think you got my box!!!! If those Astros are lonely and need a home... hahaha... send me an email if you want to trade!

    ReplyDelete