Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Card Show pickups #2: Orioles Needs!

One of the things I was really focusing on last Friday was filling out some of my Orioles team sets. Here are just a few of the highlights of what I was able to pick up out of the bargain bins:

"Who wants to be traded to San Diego?" In this card Miguel Tejada is voluteering to be traded to the Left Coast with hopes of being in the playoffs. Maybe next year the O's will be this year's Padres and contend for a playoff berth. This 2010 Bowman Gold parallel brings me within one card of the team set. (I need Brian Roberts if anybody has one!)

This is a pretty neat diecut hologram card that screams 90s of Brady Anderson.

I wasn't expecting to find a gold refractor of Brian Roberts in the 25 cent bin!
I realized that I need many many mini Orioles when I picked up this Melvin Mora from 2009 A&G.
This is Brian Matusz's first licensed card. (I was able to pick up a Redemption for the Autographed version on eBay last week). This card also comes with Topps Patented Chrome Curl Technology where they must sit under encylopedias for 3 weeks to flatten them out.
And to round out the list a Kam Mickolio from my 10 Most Wanted Orioles List! Good Luck to Kam in the Arizona Fall League.

No comments:

Post a Comment