Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cal Ripken Cardboard Appreciation #11

1993 SP #8

It's been a while since I've done a Cardboard Appreciation, so here goes. I remember going to a card show way back in 1993 and getting this card. I think it was at The Showplace in Richmond, Va. Back when then I was 10 years old and getting to go to a card show 80 miles away was a big deal.... Now I live about 15 minutes down the road from venue! Anyways, I remember my dad and I going. He was searching for racing cards while I was searching for Cal. I distinctly remember buying this card. This was the first "premium" card of the Iron Man that I owned! I think I paid 50 cents for it and according to Beckett Baseball December 1993 it was worth 75 cents (The famed Jeter Rookie card booked for measly dollar!). This card has been quite an investment for me because in Beckett it goes for $6. Even more so, it is one of the great memories that I have of my dad and I going to a card show.

No comments:

Post a Comment