Thursday, March 31, 2011

Trade with Dustin of Coot Veal and the Vealtones

I first want to say that Dustin of Coot Veal and the Vealtones is a great trader. His blog is relatively new, but he has been around the blogosphere for a while now. I traded with him before when he was just know as blog reader Dustin. Check out his blog and if you end up trading with you you won't be disappointed. Here's a few of the great cards he sent me:

This 2007 Fleer Ultra Iron Man insert shrinks my needslist for this set down to a lucky 13 cards. I can see the end of the tunnel now. Here's the ones I still need: 1, 2, 6, 13, 15, 16, 17, 30, 31, 35, 38, 46, 47.

Here's a 2008 Upper Deck Red back mini of Nick Markakis I didn't have before. Nick is staring straight into 2011 Opening Day, looking to having a big year. I'm gonna go ahead and call it now: He's going to have a MONSTER Season!

Here's a card I never knew existed. I can't believe that I have never seen this relatively common Diamond Kings Brady Anderson card. I think Dick Perez nailed Anderson's likeness on this card. I'm happy to have this card in my collection.
Here's a trio of cards I have also never seen before. I've seen plenty of the actual HOFers pictured, just not on these cards. I'm now very interested in the 1986 TCMA Orioles set that Brooks and Jim are pictured on. I'm going to do a little more research on this set. I'm also pleased to have the 1981 Kellogs card that Steady Eddie is pictured on. On the back it has a nice write-up about how he is quickly becoming a superstar in the league. It also has a retro looking Tony the Tiger printed there too. I had never seen retro Tony before a few weeks ago when I walked down the cereal aisle at Target!
And I'll wrap up this post with a couple of minis. The Brooks is a shortprint from 2007 Goudey that I needed for my set. The Jones mini is the Ginter Ad back from 2010. I already had that one so it is for trade if anyone needs it. The last card is apparently a Sticker from a set made by Topps in 1981 (at least that is what the copyright says on the back). That one is going straight into my Eddie binder beside the Kellogs card above.

I want to thank Dustin again. Thanks for the thoughtfull package that you sent. Look for something coming your way soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment