Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Card Show Pick Ups From this Weekend

I went to a card show this past weekend and got some great cards and didn't have to spend a whole bunch of money to get them. This was a smaller show that I found out about on the Beckett online show listings. This was the last card show that will be held at this venue because the organizer is retiring (there was a nice ceremony/tribute during my time at the show). I hope somebody else steps up to the plate and continues the shows here because there are few and far between near where I live. Anyways, you came here for cards so I guess I'll start showing them off:
Both of these Don Baylor cards complete their respective year's Orioles Team sets for me. I think it's odd that I needed the same player for both!

I picked up this Robin Roberts card for a buck. It's in great condition for it's age and plus it's a vintage HOF'er!
This is a card I've been really coveting for a while. This is Gus Triandos' rookie card from 1955 Topps. While Gus was never a huge star like Mays or Koufax, he was the best player the Orioles had in the late 50's and early 60's. Upon learning more about him, he has become one of my favorite Orioles of all time!

I did a fair amount of digging in the nickel boxes and found these 2 shortprints (among other great cards I "rescued".
These are just a few of the Cal Ripkens and Nick Markakii that I found in those same nickel boxes. Both of the Nicks are from 08 UD Baseball Heroes, a set that has grown on me as time goes by. The Ultra Ripken is a Gold Medallion so that one definitley had to come home with me! The 1988 Fleer Ripken is actually from the limited Glossy sets that Fleer put out for a few years. When I first looked at it I thought it may have been fake until I thought about it some more.

Also in one of these nickel boxes was a giant stack of 2010 Topps series 2 Gold cards. I personally didn't believe they should have been in that box so I grabbed all 50 or so of them! I haven't decided what to do with them just yet. I might put them up as a big lot on eBay or send them to COMC. If anybody is looking for a specific team or player, let me know and I'll see what's in the stack!

While this is just a small sampling of what I got at this show, I ended up spending less that 40 bucks. I am really saving my money to head to the CSA (Collector's Showcase of America) show in Chantilly in about 2 weeks. I'm not quite sure which of the 3 days I will be there just yet, but if anybody else who reads my blog is going, let me know, I'd like to meet up with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment