Thursday, March 10, 2011

Trade with Richard of Dawgbones: a Phillies Phan

Since I'm a real sucker for a wantlist, I was searching through Richard's list on his blog Dawgbones: A Phillies Phan! and saw that I could help him out with some of his 2010 Topps Update and 2011 Topps Wantlists. In return for the cards he needed he promised to send me some Orioles cards. Here's just a few of the great cards he sent me:This 2011 Topps Gold was a total surprise! Matusz is probably my current favorite Orioles pitcher at the moment. He struggled most of last season but really came alive at the end of last season winning his last 6 starts! Many baseball people are picking him to really break out this year and become a reliable arm for the O's to lean on for years to come.From the front, these O's cards look like run of the mill Topps flagship. But look closer and you can see the "throwback" logo in the upper left hand corner. Turn them over, and you definitely know they are the Target Exclusive Throwback Paralell set. I like the feel of the cardboard on the backs. It really takes me back to when I was a young boy ripping packs of 1991 Topps and 1991 Donruss. Anyways, back to reality, I would love to make the team set of these. If you have any of them, please, please, please let me know!
Next up are these two Will Clark cards from 1999 or 2000 Fleer Brilliants. The card on the left is the base version I think and the right has a "b" next to the card number on the back. There aren't many O's cards featuring the Thrill so when I get one (or two!) I can't help but to post them up!

Thanks Richard for the great lot of cards. I hope to trade again soon!

1 comment: