I've been absent from posting here for nearly 2 months. I've got plenty of excuses though!
1. Traveled to Japan for 2 weeks in early May
2. Been watching the Orioles on TV.
3. Topps sucks sometimes
4. Springtime means plenty, PLENTY of yard work.
5. The beginning of my adult baseball season.
6. Finding Video Games as a more worthy pastime than blogging.
7. Too hot in my "MancOve" to stay and look at cards and write about them.
8. Family functions.
9. Being too tired to type cohesive sentences.
10. Working tons of overtime.
11. General malaise about blogging.
I have been picking up a few blasters here and there as well as some nice Ebay items that I want to show off. These have been in my draft folder for about the same amount of time I've been away.
A Nolan Reimold Silk card from Ebay. I forgot how much I paid but I know it was less than 15 dollars. Hopefully Nolan gets back from the DL soon and starts punishing baseballs like we know he's capable.
It's numbered 30/50, which is an Ebay 1/1 since 30 was the number he wore in the minors.
Second Pickup is this Nick Markakis Clubhouse Collection GU from this years Heritage. While I have my issues with Topps Heritage, I'll say that this year's relic cards look nice and the gold/bronze numbered versions are even nicer. This one is an Ebay 1/1 since 94 is the year that Nick and me turned 11 years old.
Turn them over and it's a whole new ballgame. These are the covert Venezuelan black back parallels. I score both of these for under 5 dollars a piece! Not too shabby.