Monday, November 20, 2023

TTM Success: Ben McDonald

Here's yet another success that I had in my draft folder since 2014.  I think with Ben I happened to send at the right time.  To me, it looks like 2014 and 2015 were the best years to send to him and then he tailed off and there has been very spotty success since 2018.  I'm very happy to have these 2 cards signed.
1994 Pinnacle

1994 Fleer Ultra

Ben McDonald was the 1st overall pick in the 1989 Draft out of LSU.  Shortly after the draft a column was written in The Sporting News about Big Ben and how he and his buddies liked to go out in the swamps of Louisiana hunting alligators after dark. Supposedly, you sneak up on them and jump out of the boat right on top of them, Crocodile Hunter style.  Seems crazy to me but to each his own.

I sent these out on December 17th, 2014 and got this return on Boxing Day, December 26th, 2014 for a 9 day TAT.  Thank You Mr. McDonald!

No comments:

Post a Comment