Tuesday, November 28, 2023

TTM Success: Jamie Moyer

    These two cards came back signed by Jamie Moyer not long after the new year in 2015.  Its been very interesting looking back at these old returns and seeing how signing habits of some players have changed since then.  Around the time I sent these out, Jamie was a pretty reliable signer with about a 14 day turn around time.  Not long after I got these returned, the turn around times started getting longer and longer up to about a 2 year wait.  Then in 2017ish, it seemed like he just quit.  Now we signs for $25 a card on Past Pros.  Nothing against that, because I will pay for certain players, but I just thought it was interesting to point out.  I'm happy to have sent and saved money.  I probably would not have gotten both of these cards for fifty bucks.
1994 Upper Deck Collector's Choice


1995 Score

I sent to him on December 17th, 2014 and got these back on January 17th 2015 for a 31 day TAT.  Thank You Mr. Moyer!

1 comment:

  1. Jamie is probably my favorite pitcher from my time. I didn't get to see him play very much before he joined the Mariners, but I saw him a bunch then, and quite a bit later on as well. As cool as it would be to get him to sign something, I don't think I could bring myself to pony up $25 for it.

    ReplyDelete