Friday, November 3, 2023

TTM Success: Ron Hansen

This post might hold several records that are worthy of the Guinness Book of World Records.  First off, This TTM has been in my Draft folder since December 23, 2014.  Official record keeping at Guinness headquarters show that this is officially the longest time between the time that a TTM has been received by the purveyor of this blog,  from the signer, and when it is actually posted for the world to see.  There seem to be a lot of frivolous records that go into the yearly publication but this is one that I will hold near and dear to my heart.  I knew this blogging gig would eventually bear fruit.  I had no idea that this record would mean so much more than the the friendships and contacts I've made through the years.

Obviously, this is a joke.  I have been on a long hiatus from writing in this space for about 9 years.  I've been busy (aren't we all!)  I've been an avid reader and lurker in the blogosphere since then.  I've never really taken a break from collecting either.  In fact, I'm probably more engaged in the hobby as I've ever been.

Anyways, from what I remember, I had a handful of duplicate vintage Orioles cards and had a little free time back in late 2014 so I decided to send them out and see what happened.  I picked some guys that were virtually locks to sign.  Ron Hansen was a great signer back then and continues to be as this is posted.  I sent to him on December 17th, 2014 and it showed up 5 days later on the 22nd.  Thank You Mr, Hansen!

1 comment:

  1. I had to look up what I was doing on the blog in December 2014. I had just completed the 1975 Topps mini set. Yeah, that was quite awhile ago!

    ReplyDelete