Tuesday, November 14, 2023

2023 Topps Update Hanger box breaks

I busted some 2023 Topps Update Series and I wanted to show off the highlights of each pack with a couple of thoughts and comments.

 Pack 1


I always seem to have good luck pulling Mike Trout insert cards.  I like Trout and will pick up cards when they're available.  Here's to hoping he can stay healthy all next season.
I was happy to get this Rainbow foil parallel of Dillon Tate as well as an advanced stats #d/300 of Patrick Corbin.  I tend to run into shortprints of the Nationals quite frequently.

Pack 2

A couple of parallels in the next pack.  Ragans is a promising rookie that was traded to KC in the Aroldis Chapman deal and Heyward had a bounceback season in LA.  I also seem to run into good Dodgers cards from time to time. 

Pack 3

Not a great pack but the Chrome Contreras Stars of MLB was a nice pull.

Pack 4

More Dodgers gold and another Chrome Stars of the game.  

Here's all the Stars of the Game inserts from the box.  I took 2 of Seager out and game them to the neighbor kids since they're Rangers fans in that house. I'm kinda sick of seeing these stars of the game inserts at this point.  I don't think they need to come 1 per regular pack and 4 per hanger box.  They just don't seem special at all when they are so common.

 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think I have an account but i don't use it. I need to catalog my Orioles cards on there. Some day...

      Delete
  2. TWO Dodger goldies? That would be the best hanger of the year for me! ... I'm interested if you wanna trade.

    ReplyDelete