Thursday, November 16, 2023

2023 Bowman Platinum Value box break

I've been doing quite a bit of retail therapy lately.  I bought this blaster box from Wal-Mart when I picked my nephew up for the Chantilly show a few weeks back.  I've always liked Bowman Platinum as an under the radar, value product.  Topps doesn't seem to make as much of it as they do flagship, Chrome or regular Bowman.  The design is a little dark this year so not my favorite of all of the run but its something different at least.

A modern day Orioles fan dream pack.  Both of these came out of the first pack.  
These 2 came out of the last pack.  I'm not sure what the odds of pulling an autograph is because they aren't printed on the wrappers anymore and I'm not bothering to look it up on the Topps webpage.
These are the sparkly ice paralell.  I was pretty happy to get the Beavers.  I got his autograph this summer at a Flying Squirrels game.
These are two of the inserts that popped out. I think the Precious Elements cards are nice looking and I really love a gimmick insert set.  I.e.  All Aces, Dealing Aces.

4 comments:

  1. Bowman Platinum, historically, is the only Bowman set that I can stomach. These look nice enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got hooked on the 2012 set a while back. Still working on it. Slowly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know what could end up in your mailbox

      Delete
  3. If the backgrounds are as black as they appear I like! I get sick of the silver/metallic look.

    ReplyDelete