Friday, February 3, 2012

2012 Topps: I Found the Gamechanger!!!

I think I figured out the "Gamechanging" part of the set that Topps has been touting.  I looked back at my set from last year and compared them to this years cards  


They are actually changing the game of baseball by changing stats on the backs of cards.  


Doubles will now be "3B" instead of "2B".
Triples will still be "3B" to add some confusion to the sport thusly creating a buzz on Twitter and Yahoo.
Walks will now be "W" instead of "BB".  (Denard Span had 27 wins last year?)
Slugging Percentage is now "SP" instead of SLG%".  (Brennan Boesch had .458 of a Starting Pitcher last year?)
Strikeouts will now be "SO" instead of "K".  (Apparently Chris Sale had 79 shutouts last season?)
Shutouts will now be shown as "SHO" instead of "SO" so that they will now be confused with a late 80's Ford Taurus.




Who was the Genius that thought changing the way the stats are denoted on the back was a good idea?

4 comments:

  1. I mentioned this as well. So odd that they did this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed that some of the cards do say 2B for doubles, but most are 3B.Who knows what is going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nobody looks at the backs anyway, amiright?

    ReplyDelete