Friday, May 14, 2010

2010 Bowman box break #1

I got my 2 boxes I was eagerly awaiting yesterday. I am going to show 5 of the best cards from each box. Here is box #1. Box #2 will be posted in the near future.

Bowman Orange Ryan Howard #'d 125/250. Good Action shot. Too bad for Jeff Baker getting his brains knocked out by the tag.

Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor Starlin Castro #'d 176/250. I don't know much about him but apparently is an up-and-comer.

Bowman Chrome USA U-18 National Team Bryce Harper. It didn't scan so well but it's a pretty nice card of the (probable) #1 pick in this years draft.

Bowman Chrome Nick Franklin Autograph. He has kind of a sloppy autograph but you can't really tell because Chrome cards don't scan well.

I scanned this one a little crooked on purpose. I really like this product but all 38 Bowman Chrome Prospects Cards were miscut just like Stephen is shown here. Notice the bottom margin is much larger than the top one. None of the other cards in the box were cut like this. Only the Bowman Chrome Prospects. Other than that I am happy with my pulls from this box. I got home too late today to call Topps and complain about the Chrome Prospects. I have never had anything like this happen before. Is it better to call them or email? Do they just send replacements, or would they send an entire box? Any help would be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Ryan, while I don't know how best to contact topps, or even if they will give a hoot - but I am going to be making a post blasting topps QA for this. Out of three boxes, two had horribly off center chrome cards. I see I was not the only one affected by this. And not just the miscuts, but they were pretty badly "warped" like they were stuck in the press or something. Maybe it's common with these cards.

    If this were topps opening day, hey, no biggie - it's $25/box. This is a $75+/box product, $130+ for Jumbos. Absolutely unacceptable and it sucks you got bit by it too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree. I didn't think that I would be the only one with miscut cards. 1 or 2 cards per box that get miscut, not a big deal. When the whole box is totally screwed up, I feel a little ripped off. I will be contacting Topps during their banker's hours (M-F, 8:30am to 4:30pm) and logging a complaint.

    ReplyDelete