Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A frustrating evening



This evening has been frustrating in more than a few ways. First, I had to work overtime at work on a special project. While working on this project I managed to smash the hell out of my thumb with a hammer. Broke the tip of the fingernail and tore the skin pretty good. Second, I get finally get home just in time to see Adam Jones, Nick Markakis, and Matt Wieters strike out with men on second and third with nobody out. Geez, is it that hard to lay off of Burnett's knuckle curve? Third, I went to the mailbox to see if any of my 4 orders of cards have come from my recent Beckett Marketplace orders have arrived... Not a one. I know the mail system can be slow but it has been 2 weeks since I have placed my orders. At least there was one decent thing in the mail: The July (already?) issue of Beckett Baseball (I use it as a GUIDE, not the Bible). I open it to page 16 and I see in bold letters : 2010 Topps Tribute : Dynasties and Rivalries Edition. Sounds like a Yankee and Red Sox collector's dream. Mantle Homerun History, Yankee Stadium Legacy, Mantle Story inserts. I'm sick of seeing these 2 teams all over. Where does it end? I will probably be skipping this product anyways....

I need something to cheer me up, Maybe if I stare at the Ripken postcard I got from the Hall of Fame above enough I can cheer myself up a little bit......

No comments:

Post a Comment