Sunday, May 9, 2010

Eddie Murray in the MASN booth

This afternoon on MASN "Steady" Eddie Murray is in the booth giving his analysis. First I think its funny that Eddie has joined the "bad guys" (news media) considering his once frosty relationship with reporters during his playing career. I'm sure he gave lots of icy stares much like the one on this card above to the press when they asked cliche questions. Eddie has always struck me as a no nonsense guy who didn't take crap from anybody. I'll leave you with a little bit of trivia that you'll only find in baseball. During the pregame interview with Amber Theoharis, he was asked to talk about his 3000th hit. He and Cal Ripken both got the hit at the Metrodome, with the same runner on base (Albert Belle) and with the same manager in the dugout( Mike Hargrove)!

2 comments:

  1. I thought he was actually pretty decent in the booth, and enjoyed his insights. It was unexpected really, for the exact reason you stated. It'd be cool to see him become more involved with the current club, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think he should get a shot at managing sometime in the near future... (Hint Hint Andy). Seriously though, I think we all know where he should end up.

    ReplyDelete