Sunday, November 25, 2012

Trade with blog reader Steve D.

Here's yet another trade post stemming from my tradebait clearance blowout.  This one comes to me from Steve D., who I've traded with before way back when this blog came online in 2009.  Steve sent me some really neat cards this time.  Lets have a look:
Here's an Adam Jones Sepia parallel from this years Triple Threads.  In my opinion, you don't go to Triple Threads for the base card and parallel designs as they are just a side show for the BIG MOJO HITS that you can find.  Triple Threads, Sterling, Tribute, Museum Collection, Tears One (yes I said tears) and now Five Star are all huge rip offs in my opinion.  I'll pick up any of the cards at a small fraction of the price of wax and let the "big boys" waste their money ripping the packs open.  It makes me cheap but at least I can afford to take my wife out to a nice dinner every now and then!
Here's a card from my Top 10 Most Wanted list.  Its been a while since I've knocked any cards off of it and it kind of just sat on my sidebar for months lonely and neglected.  Not anymore!  I've added a few new cards of interest to see if I can knock a few more off of there!

Here's Roberto's double play partner for a period of time in Baltimore.  Me thinks Circa is the epitome of cards in the late 90's.  Loud and gaudy!
My Allen & Ginter set collection has come quite far over the last 6 months.  Considering I started June with just a handful of base cards and I have 2 complete sets, its a big improvement.  I'm still working on 2006, 2008, 2009 (my biggest need), 2011 and 2012 so please check to see if you can help me out right  here.
I'm also putting together the 174 thru 1980 Topps sets together ever so slowly.  Just an observation about this card: I think Pat Zachry looks a lot like R.A. Dickey!

Thanks Steve for the trade!



No comments:

Post a Comment