Thursday, March 29, 2012

Showing off the PC #2

I haven't done one of these since Moby Dick was a minnow so now is as good as any to show off another card it would be tough for me to part with.  

Back when I was re-entering the hobby for  the 4th time in early 2010, I was playing catch-up with sets I had missed out on.  I bought a hobby box of 2008 Topps series 1, 2, and Update.  I'm not sure which box the above redemption card came out of but luckily I was just within the redemption expiry date.  I was still getting my bearings back when it comes to baseball card knowledge and beginning to explore some blogs.  So I typed in the redemption code and I unlocked this card:
 Pretty sweet, huh?  It's on card and it's one of today's rising stars of the game.  Even though he is overshadowed by Joey Votto, he's still a bonafide star.  I'm very happy to have this card in my collection!

1 comment:

  1. I got and redeemed one of those back then and I can't for the life of me think of who it was I got! I think I immediately flipped it on eBay.

    ReplyDelete