Sunday, April 3, 2011

Recent Ebay Pickups #6

It's been a while since I've done an post about my winnings on Ebay but I figured with my recent successes now was a good a time as any to show off some of the nice cards I've won. All three of these cards are of the Nick Markakis variety. I've really started collecting him hardcore because frankly he's cheaper than Cal Ripken to collect and it's really starting to get tough for me to find Ripken stuff that is A.) a card I need and B.) affordable. I still love my Ripken PC, it's just taking a backseat right now.

So, in commemoration of Nicky's game saving catch last night I present to you 3 cards for your viewing pleasure:
This is my first silk card in my entire collection. This card was also the first card I won bidding from a phone. My fiancee and I were visiting my sister's house last weekend and I knew this card was ending at around 9:30 Saturday night. I asked if I could use here laptop but it was fried by my nephew errantly spilling juice all over the keyboard. Luckily for me though, (and to the chagrin of my fiancee) my brother-in-law allowed me to use his smartphone to place a bid. I had a strict budget to stay on and I was for sure I'd be outbid, but sure enough, I won this card for about 10 bucks! Not bad I think.

This card I also did not break the bank on because I won it for around 5 dollars. I was one of only 1 bidders. I was pleasantly surprised with this win.
Now here's a card I overpaid a bit on. I don't have buyer's remorse though. I really wanted this card and searched for it on Ebay for a few weeks before one actually showed up for sale. I guess the newness of the card and 2011 Topps being the "in" thing right now, everyone wants to lock up their player collections early to be ready to strike at the next big card. I'm happy to have it in my collection.

2 comments:

  1. Pricing on the black border /59 cards is pretty strange. I got the 2011 CC for about $12, then yesterday closed on an auction for 3 different 2010 /59 black border CCs...for $15. Makes no sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pulled a 1/10 Allen & Ginter Albert Pujols silk card a couple of years ago. I'll have to look for one of those Topps silk cards.

    ReplyDelete