Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Card Show Report: The Big One

This past weekend was the Spring Card show that is put on by Collector's Showcase of America.  I hardly ever miss this show since it is THE biggest one in my area.  It's about 2 hours away from my house near Dulles Airport, that is located in Chantilly, VA.  I made the trip up there and I can't hide my excitement any longer from the blogging community.  Here's my favorite card from the whole show:


I was going to save this for last but I decided to show if first since I couldn't keep it to myself any longer.  I was able to sell my Jacob Turner Orange Refractor Autograph and my Max Scherzer Superfractor to a vendor that was set up at the show.   I  used the proceeds to buy this awesome piece of cardboard.  I did something with the remaining cash that I said I'd never do.  Any guesses?

9 comments:

  1. Well done. One day I'll own that card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you paid for an autograph signing.

    Sweet card, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you there Saturday? I was there from 10am-4:30pm Saturday. I thought it was a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you used the extra cash on a box of Justin Beiber cards. Totally a guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a great card of Brooks. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say you used the money to buy some graded cards...???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful vintage! Did you use the cash on hot dogs and beer at the show?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm.... you used the remaining cash... to... buy the Star Wars Blu-Ray set??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a regular at Chantilly shows too. Got a bunch of '59 stars & high numbers cheap, the last four (until my gremlin discovery last night) for my '71 set, and a ton of 2012 inserts. Also got Dexter Manley's autograph....

    ReplyDelete