Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trade with Adam of Thoughts and Sox

Adam and I did a trade that I am just now getting around to posting due to me being out of town, being busy while in town and the Gears of War 3 beta taking up a lot of my free time. You can read about the Red Sox cards that I sent him here. (That's right people, I'm stepping into the 1990's and learning how to do HTML now!!) At the time when his portion of the trade turned up at his house, it was the best package he had gotten all year. Understandably I have been dropped to the second spot, but that's ok by me, second place isn't too bad!

My portion of the trade only contained 3 cards but each of them are awesome cards! Check them out:
I'm very proud to own this vintage 1960 Topps card of the Say Hey Kid. I do own a vintage mays card but not in as good of shape as this card. While Willie has a worried look on his face, I still love this card.
1960 Topps is one of my favorite vintage sets for several reasons. I like the horizontal orientation of the cards. The player's names, teams, positions, and logos are all on the front, easy to read. The two pictures, one black and white and another full color, also adorn the front of the cardboard rectangles. It's amazing how all of these elements come together and don't look cluttered. Maybe one of these days when I win the lottery, I'll think about putting together this set!

The "other" two cards in the package are from Adam's trip to his new LCS. He picked up these refractors of Jones and Markakis from 2010 Topps Finest along with a bunch of others. The Markakis is actually a Green Refractor numbered 63/99. I don't say this really often but, this card actually looks better scanned than in person. The green background doesn't really show up as well in person as it does scanned. I just find it odd because most of the time cards look worse scanned than the do in person!

I want to take the time to sincerely thank Adam for the trade. I hope to do more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment