Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Group Break Highlights from A Cardboard Problem


Since I enjoyed 2009 Topps 206 so much (still working on the set), when the ladies at A Cardboard Problem decided to do a case break, I signed up for the Orioles. I am really glad I did! While I am not a fan of the regular set because of the no-hat photography, there are some interesting Orioles "hits" in this particular product. I think I did pretty well to get the a Cal Ripken GU bat card, and an Adam Jones autograph. Definitely sweet cards. While I was watching the break the day after, my jaw hit the floor when the Ripken popped out of the pack! These cards are both firsts in my collection. My first Ripken bat and first Jones autograph! I also like the regular set Ripken that I also scanned above. It's my favorite out of the whole set since its the only card I have seen that makes sense without a hat on his head. It's just bizarre seeing so many players not wearing hats. Baseball players wear HATS. ANYWAYS, I am trying to chase down some of the Ripken Mini Parallels and the Bronze parallel too (I keep getting outbid on Ebay!). If anybody gets any of them I will gladly trade in your favor.

1 comment:

  1. That Rip is a sweet card!
    Your cards from our trade went in the mail.

    ReplyDelete