Saturday, September 25, 2010

Recent eBay Pickup #3


I have been cruising the 'bay looking for some cards of Cal Ripken lately and I stumbled upon this auction. The seller was offering a partial set of the 1995 Flair Enduring set featuring the Iron Man. It was only missing cards 9 and 10 of the 15 card set. So I won the cards and looked for the missing 2 cards else where. I found two other auctions featuring the missing cards ending just a day later. I also won those and ended up getting the entire 15 card set for under 30 dollars! I think I did pretty well! Here are a few of my favorites from the set:
Its hard to believe that I had not added any of this set to my collection before now. I am glad I did because the cards are just beautifully done. I'm a sucker for full bleed photography and thick card stock.

On a side note, I am also building several other Cal Ripken sets like Ultra Iron Man from 2007 "Fleer Ultra" and Cal to Greatness from 2000 Fleer Gamers. If anyone would like to trade some of them to me, please don't hesitate to contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment