Sunday, October 10, 2010

Box Break: 2007 Upper Deck Masterpieces

Well you probably thought this box break was going to happen after I had opened the box of 08 Masterpieces and gave it a positive review. I was able to pick this box up on ebay for 50 dollars including shipping. My review might not be different from other bloggers reviews in the past, but I hope you will at least stick around and see what I got.
These are the 3 relics that were promised. Two Hall of Famers and one enigma closer. I can't say I am disapointed at the Relics of 2 HOFers, but what I am disappointed in is the book value on them. I think that they would be worth a little more than 10 bucks a piece.

Here is the On-card Autograph that was also promised to be in the box. It would have to be a damn Yankee! Even though Henn had a short stint with the O's doesn't make this pull any better.
Last but not least, the framed cards. The Vlad is numbered 43/50 and the Tulowitzki numbered 68/75. In addition to these framed cards, I also got a Bobby Doerr Green, Hanley Ramirez Green and A Jackie Robinson/Yogi Berra play at the Plate Green.

I will say that I am a little underwhelmed by this box but not thoroughly disappointed. I think the value I got out of the box was great. For some reason, it just didn't do it for me the way the 08 Masterpieces did. I think I like the design of the 08's better as subtle as they may be and the design of the 08 Game Used cards is just more clean. Also, looking at the the pricing in Beckett, I feel like I need my secret decoder ring to figure out all of the parallels. There are 2 different versions of red, green, blue, black, etc... And I though Topp$ could be a pain in the ass with all the different parallels they throw at us! Overall, I won't give this set as high marks as the 08's but I still will collect the set. I will post a wantlist as soon as I can.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ryan! I would love to trade for the Lidge GU and any other Astros you pulled. Would they be for trade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would really like the Yaz jersey card if you would trade it... I still need to get a bunch of Ripkens together for you. Let me know please.

    ReplyDelete