Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Trade with Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius

Recently when I was in a trading sort of mood I looked over Matt F.'s wantlist and found some cards he needed for some sets he was working on. He sent me a great package in return filled with Vintage Orioles cards I needed! Here are just a few of the great cards from yesteryear:

1960 Topps #207 Bob Boyd. Admittedly I know very little about Bob. All I know is that this is my first 1960 Topps Oriole. I really like the design of that particular year's offering. It just screams vintage to me.
1968 Topps #97 Tom Phoebus. On the back it says in his first two starts as a Major Leaguer he threw back-to-back shutouts. Earlier the same year in the International League he threw a no-hitter

1961 Topps #62 Al Pilarcik. I also know next to nothing about Al too. I am trying to catch up on early Orioles history so bear with me! Sadly, Al just passed away on September 20th. Rest in Peace Al.

1965 Topps Embossed #51 John Orsino. I have seen these before but I only thought they feature true star players. I have 1 or 2 other Orsino cards but I didn't really think he was a superstar. Regardless, this is a really cool card that seemed ahead of it's time.

I would like to thank Matt for the great cards he sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment