Saturday, September 17, 2011

Trade with Kirk of Eutaw Street Cardboard

I'll start off this trade post saying that it was pretty epic between two Oriole collectors.  Kirk made a post a little while back wanting to bolster his vintage Orioles collection.  I was happy to oblige since I had some doubles that I got from ebay purchases and other trading ventures.  He sent me a nice little package of in person autos and certified Orioles from past releases.  Here's part of my haul:

I'm very happy to have my first certified Brian Roberts autograph card.  Technically you could say my 8x10 from fanfest this past January could be certified by me but that's no good on the open market.  There seems to be a lot of empty space on this card.  Donruss/Leaf/Playoff/Pinnacle/Score/Pannini or whoever could have made the team logo or player picture a little bigger.
 Dennis Martinez was a favorite of my dad's to watch.  Plus he kinda looks like my uncle.
 This is my second Brady Anderson relic card.  This one from 2001 Fleer E-X features a swatch of jersey and his number is diecut.
 Chris Hoiles is one of my all-time favorite Orioles players and I'm happy to have an autograph of his in my collection.  Fleer Ultra 1991 is underrated in my humble opinion and looks great autographed!
 This is the only non-auto, non-relic card of the package but a good one.  I believe this is the only card featuring these 2 O's players from overlapping eras.  Cal's last season was '01 and Roberts got the call when Mike Bordick went down with an injury.  Brian didn't have his breakout season until 2003 but is the last link to Cal still with the team today.

Thanks Kirk for the great package of cards you sent over.  I hope that we can trade again in the future!


2 comments:

  1. hey dude - i see ur an orioles fan. u might wanna check out my trading only blog. i just put up an orioles page here:
    http://alltradebait.blogspot.com/2011/09/time-for-some-os-its-lotta-ripken.html

    maybe you'll see something you like, and u have some dodgers to pass on.

    ReplyDelete