Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Bridal(?) Shower haul

My Fiancee had her Bridal shower last weekend and I was lucky enough to get some baseball loot along with all of the kitchen hand towels, mixing bowls, and silverware sets.  I wasn't in attendance but several of her friends were nice enough to think about me while shopping for gifts that are (mostly) for her.  To say the least, I was surprised to see that I actually got some gifts of my own.

First off I got this book  "Orioles Essential" by Thom Loverro.  Its got Cal Ripken on the cover so I'm pretty sure its a good book.  I'm still learning about the Orioles history so this book will come in handy when I get around to reading it.

Another one of her close friends bought me a pack of this year's Topps series 1.  While I got nothing of real interest in the pack, it was still nice of her to think of me.

And last but not least, one of her former co-workers and still close friend gave me a small gift bag filled with VINTAGE CARDS.  This is the same friend that had me look up some values last summer for a '66 Pete Rose and couple of vintage Yankees for her.  Apparently, she had been cleaning out her mother-in-law's house and came across these old cards.  I'm sure glad she did.  Look at some of the nice cards that I now have:

'58 Ernie Banks!

'66 Lou Brock!

'68 Ron Santo!


A couple '68 Topps Game cards


A few '65 Topps Embossed inserts

This is just the tip of the iceberg.  There was probably over 100 cards in the gift bag so I'm very grateful to have them.  My vintage collection is lacking good quality cards (condition wise) so I couldn't be happier with these.

If my haul was this good, I wonder what I might get as wedding gifts when the big day comes?

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what's she going to give you as a wedding gift, a '52 Mantle? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome gifts! Those are some great vintage cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Bridal Shower story on any card blog yet. Those cards all look realy sharp too. glad to see your Fiancee has some great friends, she must be a fine catch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I got was a vacuum that works well on pet hair! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so better than an ice cream maker. I am stunned.

    ReplyDelete