Saturday, August 6, 2011

TTM Success: Gus Triandos

Since receiving the Orioles Encyclopedia for Christmas last year I have been reading bits and pieces of it off and on this year.  I had always known Gus Triandos was a good player for the Orioles back in the day yet he doesn't get the credit he deserves.  Most of the Oriole teams he played on from 1955 thru 1962 were fairly forgettable but Gus stands out as the only superstar on the team during that period (other than Brooks Robinson when he started to come into his own).  He was the Orioles All-Star Representative for 3 years (57,58,59) and was a solid backstop from what I can tell.

I began to become intrigued with his career and decided to send him an autograph request.  Ryan from The Great Orioles Autograph Project hooked me up with his home address and now after about a 3 week turnaround, I have these to add to my collection:


These are definitely my favorite TTMs that I have received so far this year.  Thanks Gus for taking time out to sign these cards for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment