Thursday, February 27, 2014

Trade with Jimmy of S.Mack Talk

I haven't been as active here on my blog recently nor have I been trading as much.  Its getting harder for me to match up with traders here in the blogosphere since I'm no longer building sets and a lot of my Orioles wantlists are harder to crack.  That fact didn't seem to bother Jimmy from the brand new S.Mack Talk blog.  He found me some cards that fit right into my collection.
This Rodrigo Lopez card from 2003 Bowman has eluded me for quite some time.  It was also on my Top 10 Wanted list (which I have discontinued for the time being) for a good while.  Lopez was my favorite O's pitcher during the dark days of the early to mid 2000's.  He had fairly good results playing for some dreadful teams of retreads, never-has-beens, and never-will-be's.  I cautiously wonder what his spot on the Orioles would be today.
Talking about today's Orioles we have a 2013 Bowman Platinum base card of Adam Jones.  I'm slowly filling on my team set holes from '13.


Last but not least, Jimmy nearly completed my 2013 flagship set.  I consider the Update part of the regular set, sue me!  All 990 cards fit nicely into a 1000 ct box with a little room to spare.  I wish it would just be called series 3.  There's no need to call it an Update set because nothing is really updated.  The card design is the same!

Head on over to Jimmy's new blog and give him a follow.  I'm sure he'd appreciate the support.

Thanks Jimmy for the trade!


No comments:

Post a Comment