Monday, January 3, 2011

2 Blaster Break

I had some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket so I went to Target to spend it! The real reason I went there was to get EA Active 2 for my new Wii I got for Christmas. It's a workout game that was on sale for 60 bucks down from 100 (the bargain shopper coming out in me again). It comes with the heart beat monitor, motion sensor, game and batteries (motivation sold separately!!!). I decided I needed it so I can work off all the Christmas goodies I've been stuffing my face with and plus I need to get in shape for my summer league baseball team. Shortstop won't play itself you know!
I also splurged on some blasters from the card aisle. It literally looks like a bomb went off there. I don't think anyone has straightened it up in months because there were packs of Justin Bieber cards mixed in with Football boxes. Also the 2010 Topps Chrome gravity feeder was completely empty! It was full about 2 weeks ago! Interesting to say the least. Anyways, I searched around and decided on a blaster of 2010 Bowman Draft Picks and a blaster of 2010 Bowman Platinum. I know that I said I probably wasn't going to get anymore Platinum. I did say probably won't. It was gift money so that's how I justified the purchase!

Here's the highlights of the BDP:

I was pleased to get the Wheeler Blue Refractor because they fall at a rate of 1 in every 123 packs! The Gold bordered O's are cool because getting 1 in a box is a crapshoot but 2 is just plain lucky! I only need Matusz and Bell since I found the Hughes in a pre-Christmas rack pack. I also got a couple notable Rookies (Strasburg, Santana) and Prospects (Lee, Taillon) to round out the break.

And now the Platinum blaster:
I had low expectations for the Platinum but I did better this time around. I don't know much about Thames but it is an on-card autograph and it's not bad looking to boot. I got 2 Orioles I needed for the PC binders in Jones and Matusz so I only need Arrieta and Markakis now. I got another Buster Posey Rookie, and Miguel Sano and Mike Trout's Prospect Cards.

That's probably going to be the last big break for me until 2011 Topps Series 1 comes out in mid February.

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to trade for the Thames auto if you are willing to give it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan I was getting ready to mail you some stuff when I found I dont have your address. Could you send it to me at padrographs at live.com Thanks

    ReplyDelete