Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Couple of Quick Hits


This is one of my most recent eBay wins:

I know a lot of people loathe these gimmicks including me but I bid on it anyway. Maybe it was the allure of Amber Theoharis's arm in the photo, the intense look of concentration on Dr. Jones's Face or maybe just knowing Jake the Snake just dominated the Yankees in his Major League Debut.

Switching gears, I got home today to find a bubble mailer from none other than Topps. I opened the package to find a mysterious foil pack of cards. It had no markings on it, no accompanying paperwork or anything else to tell me what the contents may be. I opened it to find 10 of the wrapper redemptions cards that are from Bowman Chrome. Have a look:
I think I like the black borders just fine, its just odd seeing them like that when I've been looking at the base version for 6 or 7 months now. I will be seeking out the Caleb Joseph version to re-complete my rainbow. If anybody gets one, I will reward you handsomely! I did get one Oriole, the Cole McCurry card that is pictured and I was pretty surprised to get the Aroldis Chapman since he was/is one of the big prospects of the set.

That's all I have for today....

No comments:

Post a Comment