Sunday, January 16, 2011

State of the Blog

I'm sure that not many of you have noticed the lack of posts lately. But I have been neglecting it for a week or two now. First off, I just have had no motivation to post anything interesting. I've been reading my Orioles Encylopedia that I got for Christmas and playing my new Wii that I got from Santa. I've been reading about all of the cool things that everyone else got for Christmas on their blogs. I'm jealous, because I didn't get anything card related except a few 2010 Topps Update packs from the Dollar Tree (5 cards, no inserts of any kind). I guess the Dollar Tree packs are good because they don't have any of that damn ToppsTown Propaganda in them eating up a card per pack!
Second, There hasn't been much going on in the Baseball card world that has me really interested right now. No affordable (Topps and Bowman Sterling for example) or well designed (i.e. Bowman Platinum) product for me to want to shell out some money.
Third, I've been dealing with my car breaking down so I bit the bullet and purchased a new (new to me) truck. Hopefully making the payments and insurance won't eat into my card budget(as small as it is already).

Trading has been rather slow recently. I guess everyone is slowly getting over their "holiday hangover". If you are interested in a trade, I'd love to hear from you. I sent a trade request or two out so I'm waiting to hear back. I should have some coming my way in the mail, so hopefully I'll have something to post about soon. Orioles FanFest is coming up at the end of the month so hopefully I'll be able to show the faithful readers some cool things from that. With the season starting up I'm sure I'll have more interesting things to write about too.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ryan. I would love to trade with you again. I think I have some O's you would be interested in, let me know if you has some Astros for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bunch of extra O's cards, including a few oddball Cal cards. Let me know if you are interested in trading.

    ReplyDelete