Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Trade with Spiff of Texas Rangers Cards


While doing my normal daily blog reading lately, I read one of Spiff's latest posts about him posting all of his wantlists. I am a sucker for wantlists. I guess I just really like helping other bloggers by finding cards they need to reach whatever goals they may have. After a few emails, we had a trade hammered out. I was able to help him out with his Rangers need and he sent me some Orioles I needed. Here's just a few of the great cards he sent me:

This 2004 Fleer Tradtion card of Brian Roberts is one of his earlier issues. While his rookie season was 2001 he really didn't stick in Baltimore until 2003. I really enjoyed the design of 2004 Fleer Tradition. I can't really put my finger on it but I think it's just the simplicity of the card design.
My Pacific collection is slowly growing. While most of the photography from the 1994 Orioles team set is pretty vanilla, I couldn't help but notice the goofy expression on Gomez's face. It's kinda like he's saying. "I can't believe I popped up! Again!" I'm very surprised that he isn't wearing his trademark oversized spectacles I've seen him wear on many other cards!
That's right Roberto, the second time you were on the HOF ballot you made it. I know it's a little late but congrats to Roberto Alomar for being elected. Even though he spent on a short time in Baltimore, I still enjoyed watching him play here.

Thanks to Spiff for the trade. Check out his blog for his wantlists. Maybe you can help him out. While you're at it you mind as well check mine out too!

2 comments:

  1. I really like that Alomar card. It's a much different picture than what you normally see on cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got the cards and liked them. Thanks for the trade!

    ReplyDelete