Friday, October 26, 2012

Trade with Baseball Dad

I just finished up a trade with Baseball Dad who runs the Indian-centric All Tribe Baseball blog.  I'm Jack's "Orioles guy" so I usually get a good haul whenever the trade wins blow between our residences.  Here's a few of the highlight cards that I especially enjoyed from the package
This is probably my favorite Rodrigo Lopez card.  It hails from the 2003 Donruss Estrellas set.  I guess Donruss tried to fill the Spanish baseball card void left by Pacific with this set.  I took French in high school so O-Pee-Chee cards are a little more up my alley!  I love the photo on this card.  You never see this shot anymore!
You can't tell it from the scan very well but there is some serious die-cutting going on here.  The "Cuts" area looks like a bobcat scratched it and there's jagged holes in the card now.  Most diecutting these days are done to the outside borders of the card as opposed to inside like this one.
1995 Studio was quite a departure from 1994's release.  The base cards were silver but were done in the style of credit cards.  They are accually plastic like the sample credit cards that you get in those unsolicited offers you get in the mail.  Interesting concept but I'm not sure that the plastic baseball card really caught on.

Jack filled one of my needs from my 2012 Bowman Chrome Prospects list in the form of this Nick  Delmonico card.  Nick had a pretty decent 1st season in the Orioles organization all while battling a knee injury.  He bares some watching next season as he will probably play at High-A Frederick.
My favorite card of the package is this dual relic card of Javy Lopez from 2005 Donruss Throwback Threads.  I'm a big fan of Orioles relic cards that have an orange swatch in them and this one is no exception!

Thanks Jack for sending such an awesome trade package!

2 comments:

  1. Nice Javy! If only they used a pictured of him all geared up with the orange on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the cards ! I'm sure there will be more in the future.

    ReplyDelete