Saturday, October 20, 2012

Trade with Dennis of Too Many Verlanders

My latest trade with Dennis of Too Many Grandersons Verlanders was born out of my group break that I ran back at the beginning of the month.  I really enjoyed the couple of Mosaic inserts that came out of the Pinnacle Zenith box and was jealous of the teams that got one.  Dennis was not in the group break but he happened to read that specific post and said that he had the Orioles version of the insert.  We were able to strike up some trade talk since I got randomed the Tigers as my second team.  Strange how that worked out right?.  Here's the crown jewel of the trade right here:

I really like this card, I has 3 of my favorite O's on in and plus its shiny!  Why aren't there more of these type of inserts these days?

Dennis went above and beyond the call of duty and included several team bags full of Orioles cards I needed.  I think there were about 25 Mike Mussina cards in the package, many of which go straight into my Moose PC binder.
John Maine was a highly regarded prospect when he was in the Orioles farm system.  So highly regarded that we sent him to the Mets for Kris Benson.  It's hard to say who got the better of that trade.  What do Mets fans think about the trade?  This card is going into my One Card of Every Oriole book, which I'm slowly but surely chipping away at.  Check out my  wantlist and see if you can help me out!

Dennis also included 2 TTMs that he sent "back in the day" .  This Chris Hoiles is his Fleer Update rookie card from 1990.  I think 1990 Fleer is underated but that doesn't mean I'm going to be putting this set together anytime soon!

Here's the other TTM of Ryan Minor.  I've been meaning to send him one myself since he's the manager of the Orioles single A affiliate the Delmarva Shorebirds.  I guess I'll be saving 2 stamps now!  I also think that 1999 Topps is underated too, and this would have been the card I'd send to Ryan to have him sign.

Thanks Dennis for the awesome trade package that you sent.  I really enjoyed the cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment