Tuesday, November 30, 2010

OH NO!!!'s Poor Vintage Collection #2

The cards that are featured in this recurring theme were found by my father strewn about the floor of an abandoned farm building near my childhood home. There were approximately 1000 cards that laid undisturbed from the late 60's to early 90's when he discovered them. Most are in poor condition because exposure to the elements. He recently gave them to me and I will feature them here on my blog.
1958 Topps #187 Sandy Koufax. Overall, this card is not in as bad a shape as some of the others in my collection. This card has some surface wear and a crease extending from his chin to the right side of the card. It's a little off-center, well a lot off center from right to left. I really like this card because of the yellow background because in 1958 Sandy was a bright, up-and-coming star in the game.

4 comments:

  1. Great card! The yellow background gets repetitive on the '58 Dodger cards because all the Dodgers had that background. But on an individual basis it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that's an awesome find. I'm waiting for the day where I stumble upon a forgotten collection in one of these old sites that I visit for work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about found treasure! A little "condition" on that card gives it great character.

    ReplyDelete