Monday, January 9, 2012

Time Flies When You're Stuck in a Bathroom

Wow, time flies.  I haven't posted in about 2 weeks and I actually have a good excuse for the absence.  I've been renovating my bathroom since the 27th of December and I'm still not done.  This seemingly modest project has turned into roughly 10 to 12 trips to Lowes, late nights and many, many headaches.  So, long story short, most of my free time has been spent painting, caulking, cutting, plumbing, wiring, and sanding and not on baseball cards.

Also, the reason for the renovations is trying to get the house ready to sell or rent in the near future.  The wife and I have checked out a couple of new houses with the real estate agent and have a pending offer on one that we really like.  Fingers crossed.

With the hoopla of the holidays and all of the other things going on, when I do have free time, I just don't feel like looking at cards or writing about them.  There haven't been many card related things that I'm interested in to write about either.  I'm just waiting for series 1 to drop in the beginning of February.

I don't really have any real collecting goals for this year like most bloggers have posted in the last couple of weeks.  I might be the only one with no goals for the year!  I'm just going to roll with the punches for right now but I do want to attend the National Convention in Baltimore this August.

Speaking of Baltimore, I will be going to Orioles FanFest on the 21st, so I'm really looking forward to that.

So since it's January, the quietest baseball card month of the year, who wants to trade?  I'd really like to knock down some of  my set needs like any Bowman Chromes from 2011 and 2010 and 2009 O-Pee-Chees that some of yall might be hanging onto.  Of course I'm interested in trading for my Orioles needs too.  Check out my wantlists! Check out my tradelist!

I've traded with a ton of bloggers in the past and I'm very thankful for that.  I've met some very nice and generous people and I'd love to hear from some of yall again.  I'd especially love to trade with some new people and increase my reach beyond the great traders I've swapped cards with in the past.

I want to hear from you!


4 comments:

  1. Hey,

    I have read your blog many times before and just today realized I wasn't a subscriber to it. I obviously changed that real quick.

    I've got some cards from 2010 Bowman Chrome you need so feel free to shoot me an email. My email should be linked on my profile. I don't want to clog the comments with a list of cards ha.

    Hopefully we can work out a nice trade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you're not "stuck" in that bathroom. I've done that and it is a lot of work. Have a great 2012 and good luck with the house hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The greatest post title of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it is moving along for you man. Is Brady going to be at Fan Fest? I might try to see if you can pick me up something from there, since I have never been... Let me know if I have anything you'd like to trade, I'm always open for business.

    ReplyDelete