Friday, June 18, 2010

A set 17 years in the making.

I FINALLY completed my 1993 Donruss Baseball set. Card #428 Jeff Bagwell is the capstone for the set. Dustin included it in his trade package that I posted about yesterday. I remember purchasing these cards at the drug store in my small hometown 1 pack at a time. I remember pulling a Robin Yount Diamond Kings insert and being so happy I ran around the house like a kid hopped up on candy( I probably was for that matter). I also remember a teenager behind the counter saying that he used to collect baseball cards when he was my age but now he saves his money to buy ice cream. It's funny how cards bring memories long forgotten back into your conscience. Does anybody have any great stories to tell along these lines?

No comments:

Post a Comment