Thursday, June 10, 2010

Trade with Ted from Crinkly Wrappers

I have been slacking on my blogging lately with life being busy and my baseball team's season getting into full swing. I have had time to complete a few trades however. Here is one of them. This one comes from Ted who just started his blog, Crinkly Wrappers. Welcome to the Blog-o-sphere Ted! Anyway, here are some of the Orioles Gems he sent me:

1972 Topps John "Boog" Powell. When I opened the trade package, Boog was the first card staring back at me with his big boyish grin. I love this card. I met Boog at the O's Fanfest this past winter and got and 8x10 signed. Maybe one day I can show that off.

1990 Score Curt Schilling. A lot of people forget that "Mr. Bloody Sock" started his career with the O's. He is surely a lesson to the O's front office not to trade away young pitching for older sluggers on the downside of their careers.

2006 "Fleer Ultra" Miguel Tejada. This Fleer card is from when Upper Deck took over the Fleer name and produced cards. I miss Fleer. and Upper Deck. and Donruss. Stupid Monopoly. BTW, Tejada is starting to heat up at the plate!


Thanks again to Ted for the great trade package! Go and give him some support on his new blog.

1 comment:

  1. That Boog Powell is awesome. I'm still more of a fan of the 60's vintage, never got into some of the 70's design - but that's a great pose on the Boog card.

    ReplyDelete