Monday, March 14, 2011

Trade with Matt of Cardboard Conundrum

I did this trade with Matt of The Cardboard Conundrum about 2 weeks ago and I am just now showing some of the fantastic cards that he sent me. Life has been pretty busy with my adult baseball league team starting practice and I've been playing more Xbox 360 lately. Here's the highlights of the cards I got from Matt:

I got these two shortprints from 2007 Topps Heritage. The original 1958s are not a favorite of mine but I do like them more just because they are vintage. On a side note, the recent release of 2011 Topps Heritage does nothing for me. I'm also not a big fan of 1962 Topps in the first place and I'm just not that impressed with this year's Heritage offering. Gimme the Orioles Team Set and an extra Markakis base card and I'll be done with it. I doubt I even buy a blaster box of this stuff. I've made a liar out of myself before though!

This is a true Black Bordered parallel from 201o Topps. I don't know why everyone calls the Wal-Mart parallel "Black Bordered" . It's Black background and far inferior to the Target Throwbacks. Everything Wal-Mart is inferior to Target come to think of it.

I remember these Collect-A-Books from the early 90s. I remember my cousin traded me this "card" back in the day for the Nolan Ryan book from this set . I just don't know what I did with it since then. I remember when I stayed at his house for a week one summer and we rode down the the country store on our bikes. We spent our money on packs of 1991 Fleer and Collect-A-Books. Thanks Matt for igniting this memory and replacing this card in my collection!
This card really scares me. It looks like Albert is going to smash the catcher and/or umpire with the bat. The crazy look on his face and his hothead reputation don't make me think otherwise. More than likely he's just taking a pitch on the inside of the part of the plate.

Thanks for the great cards Matt! I hope to trade with you again soon!

1 comment:

  1. That Belle card is exactly how I will always remember Albert. Scary and out of control.

    ReplyDelete