Thursday, December 21, 2023

Paid TTM Success: Delmon Young

 This Paid TTM success finally showed up today and it's going right to the front of the queue to be posted.  If you are an Orioles fan or a Tigers fan and were watching the playoffs in 2014 you'll understand why this card carries such importance to me. Sure, Delmon Young has been a lightning rod of controversy over the years but nobody will ever be able to take his heroics in the eighth inning of Game Two of the ALDS away from him.  Bar none, this was the best baseball moment I have ever seen in person and it will be incredibly difficult to top. I can think of a few scenarios that I'd love to see but I'll leave that to the baseball gods!  

I am incredibly fortunate to be able to be able to share this moment with William of foul bunt.  He also sent to the same signing and you can read his recap here. We have been to Orioles Fanfests, minor league games, major league games, card shows and even made detours during family vacations to be able to be able to meet up and hang out.  Baseball has brought me a lasting friendship and I am grateful for that.

If you go to Youtube and type in Delmon Double, you'll pull up at least a half dozen videos of the hit.  Here's the MLB video of Delmon's Double:

Here's a longer, more analytical version dissecting the hit from a Youtube channel that I enjoy watiching: 

I gladly paid $25 to get the card signed.  His signature isn't the best and the card is a little dark and not quite what I usually like to send out but I could not pass on the opportunity.  Now somebody needs to get JJ Hardy to do a signing so I can get the slide part of this play inked.

1 comment: