Thursday, December 14, 2023

TTM Success: Don Ferrarese

I was thrilled to have this TTM from Don Ferrarese come back.  I really like the style of 1957 Topps and the photography and poses for the time were outstanding.  As of today, Mr. Ferrarese is the 22nd oldest MLB player alive at 94 years and 178 days young.  I've did a little bit of reading up on him before I sent and he just sounds like an all-around good guy.  He got his start in the major leagues as an Oriole and then moved onto Cleveland, Chicago, Philadelphia and St. Louis. Judging from his stats it seemed like was a pitcher who was a swingman.  
Once again my scanner decided to crop the bottom of the card off.  Its not as off center top to bottom as it looks here.
He also included this postcard sized advertisement for his biography Big Leagues, Bigger Heart.  All proceeds from the book goes towards the college scholarship fund that he set up years ago.  I have asked for the book as a Christmas gift so in a couple of weeks hopefully I'll have some good reading material. Otherwise, I'll probably go ahead and buy the book myself if Santa doesn't come through.

He also included his signature on an index card without me asking.

I sent my card out on October 27th, 2023 and it returned on November 11th, 2023 for a 22 day TAT. Thank You Very Much Mr. Ferrarese
 

1 comment:

  1. That's cool that those guys are so willing to sign and turn around so quickly! I should look up how to do this as I think this is a great way to learn more about these older players!

    ReplyDelete