Friday, December 1, 2023

TTM Success: Jesse Orosco

 I've been sending out a lot of requests to the Orioles retired players from the 50's, 60's, and 70's  but when I saw that Jesse Orosco signed through the mail, I hurriedly gathered a few of his cards to send off.  He doesn't have a ton of cards with him in an Orioles uniform but I decided to rob a few of my complete team sets if cards I wanted to send.  I really enjoyed Jesse's time with the Orioles since he was a very solid reliever with a 3.35 ERA over 5 seasons.  

1996 Fleer cards take to autographs like ducks to water.  With the matte finish and the simple design, they are a simple choice for autograph collectors to use.
This 2000 Topps season highlights talks about whey Orosco made his 1072nd appearance as a pitcher and broke Dennis Eckersley's record.  He extended the record to 1252 career mound appearances that stands to this day. The nearest to active player to breaking Orosco's record is Kenley Jansen with 817 games pitched. 

I mailed these out on October 30th, 2023 and they returned on November 16th, 2023 for a 17 day TAT.  Thank You Mr. Orosco!


2 comments:

  1. Nice success! I wish I had a Yankees card of him from his short time as a Yankee, but I've never seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that he held that record. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete